Skip to Navigation

The founder of Way Basics, Jimmy Chiang, was inspired to create a simple and creative solution to what he saw as complicated challenges facing people and the planet as a result of short cuts in mass manufacturing, and increasing consumption and disposal of goods. Paper-based storage furniture became the foundation of his brand as he created a recycling bin made from recycled paper -- one of the most commonly recycled materials -- and that was, itself, recyclable. Simple and elegant.

Since then, Way Basics has expanded. In 2008, the company introduced a line of recycled paper based furniture made from environmentally sound building blocks that they call zBoards, made from 99% post-consumer recycled paper (lighter than particleboard, but stronger and more durable). The remaining 1% is devoted to the paper veneer, which provides the boards with their vibrant and colourful finish. Unlike much other furniture, zBoards contain no formaldehyde and do not off-gas volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Way Basics has created a product that is sleek, contemporary, fun and will contribute to a healthier living space for the whole family.